Breckenridge Ski Resort Announces Opening Day!
Breckenridge Ski Resort just announced the opening day! This Friday, November 14th, the 2014/2015 ski season officially begins. Coloradoans know where to find the best powder. Just an hour and a half west of Denver, you have access to a multitude of ski resorts, such as Vail, Copper Mountain, Keystone and Winter Park. But Breckenridge Ski Resort is among one of the favorites of skiers and snowboarders. Breckenridge has a loyal following with those from Colorado, Texas, and the Midwest. And if you are looking to follow some of the best local skiing, lodging, dining, and shopping, Breck (as the locals call it) will have you covered!
Here are 5 great reasons to visit Breckenridge this ski season:
1. The Skiing: Breckenridge opened Peak 6 last season, adding almost 20 percent more skiable acres to the resort. With over 543 acres of intermediate and advanced terrain, Peak 6 will have you experiencing some of best skiing in wide open bowls and steep terrain. Come enjoy the 34 ski lifts, 187 ski trails, and almost 3,000 acres of terrain.
2. The Snow: The Town of Breckenridge sits at 9,200 feet above sea level. The ski resort is nestled between three 14ers creating a place for some of the best snow in the high country. Because of the location of Breckenridge, storms that come from the North and West, bring in ample amounts of snow. Each year, Breckenridge does not measure the snow amounts in inches, but in FEET!
3. Historic Downtown: Nestled in the Rocky Mountains, just an hour and a half west of Denver, the historic mining town is quaint, but offers a great deal of entertainment, from amazing food to shops/boutiques. The downtown is the largest historic district in the state of Colorado!
4. One Ski Hill Place: The new addition of One Ski Hill Place at the base of Peak 8 has transformed the base area into a great hang out spot. The large luxurious hotel/condo residence offers visitors a convenient ski-in/ski-out location.
5. The T-Bar: The locals vote for the best happy hour in town! Part of One Ski Hill Place, relax after a day of skiing, gathered around the fire pit with your favorite drink. Enjoy great food, drinks, and live music.
Post a Comment